Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Love of Sticky Notes prt. 1

My name is Nathaniel, but everybody calls me by Nathan. I am a college student studying Advertising Arts in Far Eastern University. I'm just a typical college student, normal as you might say. 


It all started in one Monday morning, I was early for my first class, always. So I hang out at the Education Bldg. cafeteria as I always do, today was not that different. Still hot as hell, the humid climate, the early buzzing of the school, and I was half-alive that time since it is 8:30 in the morning! So yeah, my schedule currently is ruining my good slumber but hey, we need to wake up early to study right? So anyways I was already heading towards the cafeteria, both my typical snacks in the small kiosks, and when I turned to the usual table I use, I was suddenly stunned.


Holding my C2 and bread pan tight, I saw this amazing girl, flawless skin, cute eyes, short hair. I was immediately in-trance, she was just my type! My heart quickly beats like those of war drums, I said to myself; "I'm gonna hit on her". I said that over ten times in my mind yet my body isn't responding. She was so mesmerizing, and cute too, by the way she drink that juice and as she reads that book, I'm already hooked, in deep waters you might say or high in drugs, I can't even explain how I felt. "This is it!" I said again and finally, my body reacts, I walk slowly as I thought of a way to talk to her. 


I then sat right across her, I think she noticed me but didn't react. I put my C2 and bread pan on the table as I quickly think of a way to initiate a small chit-chat, and then, it hit me. I immediately brought out my large cardboard, and put it across the table, she notices it again and she just kept looking at what I'm doing, I put out 2 ballpens, and 2 sticky notes, 1 pink, and 1 blue. It was for my project but that didn't stop me. I then grabbed the blue one and I started to right something on it, she then glances back to her book when I suddenly sticks the sticky note right across her, uttering the words; "Hi :">" yeah I have to put on a cute smiley face and of all those smiley faces, that one came out.


She noticed the sticky note, and just stared at it. I was panicking like the end of the world is happening right at that moment, I then opened the bread pan to keep myself calm and avoid any eye contact. And then I heard a cute giggle, I slowly turned into her to find that she was smiling right at me, she was actually smiling right at me! Oh joy and endless bliss of the heavens! she has the most beautiful smile I had ever seen! I was overwhelmed by the smile alone, and I slowly and began to show a slight grin on my face when she grabbed the ballpen and the other sticky notes. She began to write on it while she looks at me back and forth with that calming smile of hers.


I was nervous, nervous to the extent that I'm about to piss on myself, I couldn't get a good view of what she's writing and  then she sticks her sticky note facing me; "Hi :3" I was overjoyed! I could jump right out of my seat just because of that! Oh thank you, Cupid for you are not harsh today! But I kept it all inside, but yes I am literary about to explode of happiness, then I began to write down again and introduced myself and then, our chat in a sticky notes, began. She was still holding that radiant smile of hers that I can't get enough of, she saw my name and was still smiling, she then wrote back and finally, I saw her name; her name was Chloe. A cute and beautiful name suited for the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. 


I quickly grabbed the blue sticky note and rushed to reply to her, she was biting her lip as she tries to hide her smile. And from then on, our conversation began. We talked by the notes, writing everything we want to ask and say to each other, time went by as the cardboard was already filled with notes, but it didn't matter for we continued to stick and stick as our notes come thin. We were having a blast, just by talking through the notes, all of our conversation, all of our nagging, all of our bragging, all of it, all of it there. Time slowly passed us by when she looks at her wrist watch.


She then wrote back to me and quickly I read; "I have to go, I have class. See you again, tomorrow! Bye Nathan!" she quickly ran towards the doors, and waves at me as she smiles. I smiled back and when she disappeared from the doors, I quickly cleaned up the mess and my smile faded along with it. I was sad, because I didn't come to ask her number. I was somewhat disappointed when I saw in the seat, a pink sticky note, and written in it, her number...


The smile was painted back in my face, for I know that we will talk again...